I have a lot of posts lined up regarding self-care and the importance of taking care of yourself in order to better both your life and your business. So, here are five things you can do this month to better yourself:
- Pick up a new book. This month, choose a book that’s uplifting and will leave you feeling good. I’ve really been enjoying Light is the New Black by Rebecca Campbell. It’s all about answering your soul’s calling. Rebecca has has made the book interactive by incorporating questions you can work through to help get your thoughts out on paper. I highly recommend it. Another one I love? Make It Happen by Lara Casey. I read this book when it first came out, but its positive message still sticks with me today.
- Schedule some time for yourself every day. Looking at your busy schedule, you may feel like it’s impossible to take time for yourself. However, making the time to relax and tend to your own needs is so important. Even if it’s just 10 minutes a day, make the time to do something just for you every day this month. Block off the time on your calendar if you have to! Some meditation or a quick yoga session would be perfect ways to spend the time!
- Start a gratitude journal. Getting into the habit of listing all the things you’re grateful for on a daily basis will bring so much more positivity to your life. And we all want that, right? Buy yourself a brand new journal and strive to write down three to five things every day that you’re grateful for. (Related: 5 Reasons to Start a Gratitude Journal Today)
- Create a morning routine and stick to it. Having a morning routine is a great way to ensure your day starts off on the right foot. And it’s something that I’m also working on this month! A while back, I read The Miracle Morning by Hal Elrod and it left me wanting to get into the habit of having a set morning routine each and every day. Why not read the book yourself and join me?
- Set a personal goal to work on. We often set blogging or business goals for ourselves, but what about personal goals? What is something you’d like to accomplish this month? Maybe it’s to work out three times every week? Drink eight glasses of water every day? Pick a personal goal and make it your mission to see it through this month. There’s no better time to make it happen!