If you are serious about turning your blog into a full-time business, it’s a good idea to start thinking about how you can invest in your blog. What can you do to take your blog to the next level? What can you do to help your blog that won’t cost any money? What can you do to help your blog that will cost money, but will also give you a major return on your investment?
If you want your blog to be successful, you have to invest your time and effort into it. You will also have to invest money in your blog. Before you start pouring money into it though, ask yourself what you hope to get out of blogging. Do you want your blog to become your career? Or do you just want blogging to be a hobby? This could dictate how much money you’re willing to spend.
When you invest time and money into your blog, you will reap the rewards. Invest in your blog to create better content, to grow your audience, and to start making money. And the best part? When you put certain resources to use for yourself, it’s likely that you will grow your blog even faster than you would have otherwise.
If you’re trying to grow your blog, you don’t have to do it alone. Allow someone (or something) to help you along the way instead of struggling to figure it out on your own. There are a plethora of resources available at your fingertips today. (Way more than when I got started many years ago.) If you are ready to invest in your blog, here are six ways to do it:
- Make sure your site runs great. First, if you want to take your blog seriously, you need to make sure it’s running on only the best. For those of you on WordPress, pay for self-hosting. Choose a reputable host that you can rely on to keep your site up and running. (I love DreamHost.) I also highly recommend purchasing the Genesis Framework to give your site an added boost and extra protection.
- Work with a designer. Instead of trying to DIY your site design, you might want to work with a professional instead. A designer can help you create gorgeous logos and a site design that’s exactly what you need. When your site looks great, people will be more likely to stick around. The truth is, we do often judge a book by its cover and if your site looks a mess, your visitors will be turned off. If a designer is out of your budget, you can also invest in your blog by purchasing a pre-made theme. (I love Restored 316 Designs and Pretty Darn Cute Designs for themes on the Genesis Framework.)
- Get the tools you need to blog better. Maybe you need a new camera to take beautiful photos, a subscription to Photoshop, or something else? In order to do your absolute best, don’t be afraid to spend money where it counts.
- Purchase an eBook or an e-course. By signing up for an e-course or reading a book that’s full of tips, you can expand your knowledge, create better content, and gain new readers. You’ll be on the fast track to success with a little guidance! (Hey, maybe this eBook on blogging would help you!)
- Take advantage of one-on-one coaching. Find someone who offers one-on-one coaching specifically designed to help you grow your blog and purchase a session! When you can work directly with someone who has the expertise you need, you will see results faster than you imagined.
- Treat your blog like a business. Even if your blog isn’t bringing in the big bucks yet, you should still treat it as if it were. When you treat your blog like a business, people will be more inclined to take you seriously. After all, if you don’t get serious about your blog, how can you expect anyone else to? Remain dedicated. Put in the time and effort it takes to create great content. In time, you will see the results of all your hard work.