I’m going to be completely honest with you. I wasn’t incredibly successful with the March goals I had set out to achieve.
In fact, I was dreading looking at my PowerSheets to review my goals. Although this goal setting planner is amazing, it doesn’t help if you put it away in a drawer and forget to look at it all month. (Whoops!)
Although March wasn’t successful in terms of accomplishing all the goals I had originally intended, it was successful in other ways. I was still able to make some other amazing things happen. And now I’m treating quarter two as a fresh start to get back on track. That all begins with my April goals.
1. Focus on Growing My YouTube Channel
Trying to balance running a blog and a YouTube channel isn’t always the easiest task.
When creating my content calendar each month, I have to think about which topics would be best as a blog post and which ones are better suited for video. And sometimes that’s a difficult decision!
Then, you have to actually make time for filming, editing, and getting your videos uploaded. As much as I love creating video content, it’s often easier to just write a blog post instead. But this is the year of taking video content seriously.
So, this month I want to make sure I’m consistent with my YouTube uploads. I have a new series that I’m thinking about debuting. I’ve switched up my thumbnail design. And I’m ready to have some fun with filming and editing again! You obviously want to make sure you subscribe to my channel for all this goodness.
2. Re-Launch My Coaching Packages
Oh, have you been wanting to work one-on-one with me to grow your blog? Well, you’re in luck! I’m finally opening my coaching sessions back up after taking a bit of a break to work on some other projects.
And let me tell you, I’ve so excited to get back to it.
I’ve had a number of coaching sessions recently from people who snagged spots early. It’s been great chatting with them and helping them gain clarity on their goals and how they can make progress. I just love helping others turn their blog into full-time businesses, so if you want to book a spot now is your chance.
3. Continue Updating My Old Blog Posts
If you haven’t already noticed, I’ve been on a mission to update all the old content on my blog.
And when you have posts that date back to 2015, that’s a time-consuming process. However, it’s something that absolutely needs to be done because those old posts still get traffic to them. You also need to make sure they’re giving first-time visitors a great first impression.
This month, I want to continue getting more of those posts updated because I want to be proud of all the content this blog houses. And let’s be real, some of those older posts just aren’t the best… They aren’t formatted in the most readable ways. They’re short when they could be expanded. They’re also in desperate need of new graphics.
4. Read at Least Two New Books
I hope I don’t regret putting this on my goals list. LOL. But the truth is, when I make a goal to read more, I don’t always accomplish it.
You see, I have to be in the mood to sit down and read books. Is anyone else like this?
However, I have three books that I’ve started and haven’t finished. I have more books on my shelf that haven’t even been opened. And my to-do read list is longer than you could imagine. So, it’s time to start making some progress on that reading list!
It’s also been quite a while since I’ve read any kind of fiction book. I think the last one was at Christmas. It would be great to get into the habit of alternating fiction and business/personal development type books.
Progress on March Goals
- Stay consistent with content creation. March definitely started off strong, but things started fizzling out towards the end of the month. Other projects needed my attention. My motivation dropped. And the desire to create new content kind of faded. In fact, I’m sitting on a couple YouTube videos that still need to be edited and uploaded.
- Plan a new YouTube series. This is something I started working on, as I brainstormed names and possible ideas. It still isn’t 100% set in stone when it comes to how I want this series to play out. However, it will play a role in growing my YouTube channel this month.
- Improve my website’s SEO. I spent March learning more about optimizing my content, and even reviewing the terms I was ranking for. And I have to admit, I was surprised by some of the results because I thought my site was an SEO disaster. Apparently, it’s not too bad… But I still have some other work that I’d like to tackle! And updating old blog posts plays a huge role in this. It’s something I’ll continue to work on in the month ahead.
- Grow my private Facebook community. I welcomed some new members into the private Facebook group. Was it a ton of people? No. But I do feel better about the progress I’m making there with my weekly Facebook Live show. You can join all the fun here.
- Start journaling on a daily basis. I’m proud to say I journaled every single day in March and I’ve been enjoying the process. I signed up for a membership type community that provides daily writing prompts. It’s been well worth the investment I made into it.