1. Launch Socially Coveted.
As I mentioned previously, I’ve been beta testing the updated version of my course, Socially Coveted. As the beta test comes to an end this first week of August, the course will be ready to launch again later this month. I’m so excited for you all to check it out. I’m very passionate about Socially Coveted and I’m quite pleased with how the updated content has come together. My beta testers have already been learning so much, which is always incredible to see. If you’re in need of help with your social media presence, this is definitely the course for you. Stay tuned! 🙂
2. Get back to work on a passion project.
So, a few months ago I started working on this top secret passion project that I haven’t told anyone about. (Okay, I’ve told a few people.) Unfortunately, it ended up taking a back seat to a few other things I’ve been working on lately. I want to get back to that project this month so I can hopefully launch it in September. (My birthday month is the perfect time to launch a new project, right?) There’s a lot required in bringing this project to life, but I’ve truly enjoyed all of the work I’ve done on it so far. After all, that’s what a passion project is all about! I’ll keep you updated on how it’s going!
Related: Check out this post on how passion projects benefit creative entrepreneurs via Sweet Tea, LLC. I even shared my thoughts on passion projects in the post!
3. Start using The Chalkboard Method.
I first learned about The Chalkboard Method from the ladies of Being Boss in one of their first few podcast episodes. (Which was a long time ago now!) I started to use The Chalkboard Method myself, but didn’t actually stick with it and ended up forgetting all about it. It wasn’t until it was brought up again in a recent episode of their podcast that I remembered it. This month, I want to implement this method again as a way to track clients, sales, and other goals. And in my September goals, I’ll let you know exactly how it went and if I saw results.
4. Get back to my email list.
I’m sad to say my email list has been a bit neglected lately. And there’s a reason for that. A while back, I noticed the open rates for my emails seemed a little off. However, I decided not to think too much of it. As I started the beta test of Socially Coveted, I discovered a few of my testers weren’t receiving my emails. MailChimp was saying the emails had been delivered, but they were nowhere to be found in their inboxes or spam boxes.
I had heard people before saying their subscribers weren’t receiving emails with MailChimp, but I didn’t really think I had an issue until this situation came up. As a result, I made the decision to immediately switch to ConvertKit. Because I have launches coming up, I can’t afford to have people not receiving my emails. That’s just unacceptable! All of my subscribers were moved over on the last day of July, but I still have a few things I’d like to do to make sure things are running smoothly. And of course, I want to get back to sending my weekly emails.
Related: If you’re planning to switch, check out the ConvertKit migration checklist from Megan Minns.
Last Month’s Goals:
- Launch the updated version of Boost Your Blog. While I had intended to relaunch my eBook, Boost Your Blog, last month… It just didn’t happen. My main focus during July was working with the students on Socially Coveted. However, a Boost Your Blog relaunch will happen soon.
- Read more often. Last month, I got back to The Conquer Kit, which I had started working through a while back. However, I didn’t do much reading otherwise. The good news is, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child is out and that’s next on my reading list!
- Grow my presence on Snapchat and Facebook. I definitely need to get back to regular Snapchatting, but one thing I did in July was finally launch a Facebook page for my blog. I’ve always been hesitant to start one because I’m not a huge fan of the platform. While I don’t expect it to send a ton of traffic my way, it’s still nice to start building a presence there.
- Run a beta test of my course, Socially Coveted. Yep! This was my main project throughout July and the beta test is coming to an end this week.