Can you believe we have officially entered the last month of 2016? On one hand, I’m excited because this is my absolute favorite time of year. I love the holiday season. I enjoy all of the festivities that come along with Christmas and looking forward to a brand new year. However, it can also be a stressful time. With only one month left of 2016, it can be easy to look back on your goals and start feeling guilty for all of the things you didn’t accomplish. (Honestly, I’m not so sure I want to look back on my 2016 goals. I don’t even remember what they were! Oops?)
While some take the time to relax during December, others see it as crunch time to hustle and make big things happen before the year comes to a close. As for me, I’m using December as a balance of both. I have quite a few things planned for this month, but I also want to take time off to truly relax and enjoy the holiday season that goes by so quickly. For that reason, most of my goals this month will be focused on personal development, with just one big business task.
1. Give The Miracle Morning another go.
You may recall me mentioning The Miracle Morning a long time ago here on the blog. I thought this was a fantastic book and it really taught me the importance of having a morning routine you stick to each and every day. While I did The Miracle Morning for a while, I eventually stopped. You see, the whole idea is that you’re meant to wake up an hour earlier each day and complete this six-part routine the author, Hal Elrod, recommends. I love each of the elements of the routine he created, but waking up an hour earlier every day to make time for it was not all that easy for me. That’s why I ultimately lost the habit of completing it.
However, I want to give The Miracle Morning another go. Whether you stick to the routine Elrod outlines in the book or you create one of your own, it’s all about doing what feels good to you. I want to stick to S.A.V.E.R.S. (Silence, Affirmation, Visualization, Exercise, Reading, Scribing) routine because each one of those things is important to me and I want to start my days off on the right foot.
My days are always better when they begin with a great breakfast, meditation, and exercise. So, I think it would be great to incorporate more affirmations, visualization, reading, and journaling into my morning routine as well. Or maybe even occasionally swapping reading for listening to a podcast!
2. Create and launch a free challenge.
This was actually on my goals list for November. So, why didn’t it happen? I ultimately made the decision to postpone this challenge because of some issues with my Macbook Pro. I was meant to launch the sign-up period for the challenge on November 28th, but a few days prior, my laptop decided to develop problems for the first time in the five and a half years I’ve owned it. Random crashes that don’t have one clear trigger and restarts instead of shutting down have basically left me feeling stressed. I seriously hate it when I have any kind of technology issues that I can’t resolve on my own.
Because I couldn’t count on my laptop to be 100% reliable during the challenge (and I still don’t know whether or not it’ll need a trip to the Apple store), it made sense to put the challenge off for another month. I’ll be finishing everything for the challenge this month and running it in January. Keep an eye out!
3. Focus on growth and learning.
Because I’d really like to take some time to relax throughout December, I want to focus on my personal growth and learning new things. No matter how much you think you know, there’s always more to learn. I have quite a few books on my reading list, plus a lot of unplayed podcast episodes waiting for me. I’d like to spend more time diving into these to better prepare myself for 2017. If you have any suggestions for books or podcasts I need to check out, feel free to send them my way!
Last Month’s Goals:
- Launch my new brand: Yep, this one definitely happened in November and I couldn’t be happier with how everything turned out. It was kind of overwhelming getting everything ready for this relaunch (and I’m still not done in case you haven’t noticed all the blog images that still have my old URL). However, it feels good to have a brand name that I feel fits my vision and I’m loving the direction it’s taking me.
- Create and launch a free challenge: As you read above, this got postponed and will be worked on this month. Stay tuned because it’s going to be fun!
- Relax and enjoy the holiday. I won’t lie, things were kind of stressful leading up to the holiday. I had a lot of work I needed to get done and I didn’t really end up taking a full day off. In fact, I found myself working on Thanksgiving night! Despite never taking a full day away from the computer, I still enjoyed my holiday. And now I have another one to look forward to!