Today, I’m sharing my goals for the month of November. If you’ve set goals for this month, feel free to leave them in the comments below. We’ll hold each other accountable!
1. Make a dent in my reading list.
For the past two years, I’ve set a goal to read 24 books in a year. That may not seem like a lot to some, but two books a month is pretty good for me. I met that goal no problem last year. This year has been a different story. I haven’t been in much of a reading mood, which has left me behind on my goal. I still have 11 books to read before the year ends if I want to hit my 24 books. I’m determined to make it happen and I’m starting with Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert. For those of you who don’t know, I host a virtual book club on The DC Ladies and I decided to make this our November book. If you haven’t read it yet, you should join me!
2. Focus on promoting Get Noticed Online.
I recently launched a free social media course called Get Noticed Online. In this course, you’ll learn the elements of every successful social media strategy, how to gain new followers, and how to effectively promote your blog/business. Considering it has only just launched, I’ve been blown away by the response so far. I’ve had so many people sign up and the course has been getting great feedback already. This month I want to make sure I get even more people signed up! If you want to join, read all the details here.
3. Guest post + work on collaborations.
My traffic doubled in October, which was pretty exciting considering I hadn’t done much to make that happen. I really just got lucky because a few larger sites linked to me. This month, my goal is to (at least) double my traffic again. I’m going to make that happen by guest posting on other sites and working on collaborations with other bloggers. It’s important to get myself out there if I want to see an increase in traffic again.
Last Month’s Goals:
The scary part of this post is looking back on the goals I set for myself last month. Why is it scary? Because I know I didn’t meet all of them. But that’s okay because it gives me something else to work toward. Let’s take a look:
- Stick to a morning routine. I set a goal for myself to follow the morning routine that was outlined in Hal Elrod’s book, The Miracle Morning. Let’s just say, trying to drag myself out of bed an hour earlier each day to make this happen was not happening. Although I really wanted to stick to this routine, it just didn’t happen.
- Step outside my comfort zone. Part of stepping outside my comfort zone was getting back on Periscope, which is one thing I didn’t do last month. To be honest, I’m not as drawn to Periscope as I once when I first joined over the summer. However, I did have an article run on The Muse (which got picked up by Inc.com) and I have some projects lined up that are definitely going to be a change for me. I can’t wait for you all to check them out!
- Develop a new Instagram strategy. I wanted a way to make my Instagram profile more valuable to my followers instead of just being about pretty photos. This is one goal I got sidetracked on last month, but will be revisiting this month.
- Relaunch Socially Coveted. The good news is that Socially Coveted is now an evergreen course, which means you can purchase it at any time. I wanted to do this so I could have a wider reach instead of only having open and closed launches. If you want to transform your social media presence in 30 days, you can sign-up now because the course officially goes evergreen later this month.