The start of March is kind of an overwhelming feeling for me. It means the first quarter of the year is coming to a close in just a few weeks.
And it leaves me wondering, “How on earth am I going to accomplish all of my goals this year when time seems to be flying by?”
When I sit down to plan my monthly goals, I always look back to my bigger picture goals for the year. And then I figure out what smaller steps I can take that month to help me make those things happen. It’s really the only way I’m able to keep myself on track, but it still doesn’t make the task any easier.
Sometimes you’re left wondering, “What is the next step?”
To ensure I get the most out of the month ahead, I reflected on those goals. I thought about what tasks I need to accomplish and gave myself deadlines. And I thought about the things I can do personally, each and every day, to become a better person. That’s ultimately what has guided me to the goals I’ve set for myself in the weeks ahead this March.
1. Stay Consistent With Content Creation
This goal is probably going to be a repetitive one throughout the year. The reason for that is because it’s essential for helping me build my brand and reach the growth and income goals I’ve set for myself this year. While many businesses don’t recognize the importance of content, I do.
I want to make sure I’m publishing new content to my blog every single week and uploading regularly to my YouTube channel. I also want to be sure that I’m always sending out my weekly newsletter to my email list because it allows me to stay in touch with my subscribers.
Consistently producing new content may seem like such a small part of the bigger picture… But I wouldn’t be where I am today if it wasn’t for the blog content I’ve created over the years. It’s that content that allows you to build a relationship with your audience, position yourself as an authority, and establish a level of trust.
2. Plan a New YouTube Series
My goal to plan a new YouTube series goes hand-in-hand with the previous one. I’ve been wanting to come up with some sort of weekly series I could do on my YouTube channel to ensure I have plenty of content going out each week. Plus, it’ll allow me to continue growing my YouTube channel and gain more subscribers.
At this time, I have a few ideas floating around for what I want this series to look like. While I don’t intend to launch it until the second quarter, I want to get it all planned out this month. That way, I’ll be ready to batch film the videos and I can get them uploaded and scheduled early on. (If you haven’t noticed already, I’m big on planning and being prepared!)
3. Improve My Website’s SEO
Here’s the thing… I’ve never taken my site’s SEO too seriously. I’ve always done the basic stuff to optimize my posts, along with using the Yoast plugin for WordPress. But that’s really it. I don’t take any other steps to try and get my content to the first page of Google search results. And I’d like to change that this month.
I know I have some broken links that need to be cleaned up. There are posts that could use a little SEO boost. There are a number of things I can be doing to improve my site’s standings.
This month, I’m making it a priority to research and learn more about SEO tactics. And I’m going to take action to better my site on the backend. I’m thinking I might track my progress on this and share it with you once the month is over. However, I know this isn’t my area of expertise. And I’d really be better hiring an SEO specialist to tackle everything for me. So, we’ll see how it goes!
4. Grow My Private Facebook Community
Okay, I’ll admit it… I totally forgot about one of my goals last month regarding my private Facebook group. And I didn’t even post my daily prompts there for most of the month. So, that goal definitely did not get achieved. However, I want to make sure my group is a priority for me this month.
I want to get more members into the group before March ends so I can build a thriving community there. And if I get to the end of this month and that hasn’t happened, I’ll revisit whether or not having a private Facebook group is the right move for me.
In order to grow the group, I want to do a weekly Facebook Live to share tips, answer questions, and to just hang out with the members. If you’d like to join me and see how this goes for the month ahead, I’d love to have you. You can request access here.
5. Start Journaling on a Daily Basis
Yeah, this is another February goal I forgot about. You see, the problem with this goal and the previous one about my Facebook group… I didn’t write them down in my PowerSheets. And that caused me to forget all about them. That’s why I’ve written both down this month in hopes I’ll be able to stick with it.
Another issue with journaling for me was that I had no idea what to write about. But I’m very serious about getting into journaling. I want to use this as an opportunity to reflect on my life and gain clarity. It’s going to be my chance to experience breakthroughs in my business and my personal life. However, I didn’t really know how to make that happen. So, I decided to enroll in Rachel Luna’s Faith Activated Journaling Experience.
She provides daily journaling prompts, group calls, and more to members of this group. Plus, this month is Money March and I’m so ready to get started!
Progress on February Goals
- Create and launch a new product. Done! I did a soft launch of my Captivating Content Kit for Bloggers last month. That means I decided to just launch to my email list, without sharing it on social media. The launch went really well and I’m excited to have some amazing students joining me to create better content for their websites. You can get in on the action too.
- Make updates to the website. Unfortunately, I was so wrapped up in the course and creating new content that I didn’t have enough time to dedicate to this. I have, however, rewritten my About page. It just needs to be published on my site.
- Create new content upgrades. I created one new content upgrade this month, but didn’t really find enough opportunities to create other ones this month. I’m always on the lookout though because they’re a great way to grow your list!
- Start a Facebook Live show in my group. As I mentioned, I totally forgot about this one! It’s back on my list this month and I’m committed to making it happen.
- Begin journaling. This is another goal that I’ll be retrying this month. It’s one of the daily goals I added to my PowerSheets, so here’s to finally making it happen!